Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly! I wanted to post a little about each of the contributing authors. Amanda . She has been married to Brandon for 10 years now, and they have three beautiful kids. Currently prayer needs are Brandon interviewed for an underground job with the coal mine, and has got the job...he just needs to decide if he actually wants to take it. Prayer warriors lets lift them up! Cassie. She is married to Adam and they have two kids. A daughter and a son. They recently moved and Cassie is working on her doctorate. GO CASSIE!!! :) Chelsa . She is married to Ryan, and you can tell by her picture that they have two very handsome little boys. They also have A who is in Heaven with Jesus. Chelsa's strength and love for the Lord amazes me. They are currently in the process of building their 'dream' home, so please keep them in your pray...
I don't know where to even begin this post...I just feel like I need to write this. I haven't been to church in 6+ months. It's SO easy to fall out of the pattern of doing the right things, the feel good things, the things good for your soul and getting back into bad habits. For this I am not proud of. I guess it all started when my little Kainan was sick one weekend. And then it snowballed from there. EXCUSE= My husband was working , EXCUSE= I was tired , EXCUSE= too many "Christians" doing and saying things that I felt was hypocritical. We received cards and phone calls and postcards saying that we were missed. People that I didn't even know were calling me. But I felt it was all too much. That they were just trying to get me back in church!! I mean, who do they think they are!! Whoa!! Vanessa, LISTEN TO YOURSELF!!! What is so wrong with them wanting you in church?!?! Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely consider myself to be a Christian. As a frie...
I've mentioned Katie before on my other blog. Actually...she's a follower here at 'Enjoying Life One Cup at a Time'. I absolutely ADORE her blog (www.imperfectpeople.net)....and today's post was no exception. I wanted to share it with you guys. (and I hope she doesn't mind) but it was just too powerful NOT to share! God doesn’t work by Karma. Good for good, evil for evil. And I’m thankful because I certainly don’t deserve how good he has been. Everything that happens, good or bad isn’t always just about us. We all search for meaning in life’s circumstances but the real (sometimes hard) truth is... IT’S NOT ABOUT US. God is a lot more important than us . He loves us no doubt. But I think he gets a little chuckle watching us trying to make it all about us. I can’t think of anyone else who was raised from the dead, for whom the calendar changed from BC to AD, or for whom people centuries before his birth (even outside of the bible) predicted hu...
Comments
Post a Comment