Has it really been almost FOUR years since any of us have posted to this place. This place we used to come together to share our life journeys. Yet somehow, God is still using this place to reach people. We had nearly 1,700 page views last month despite no post in almost four years. My Great-Grandmother passed away two days ago, and I'm really struggling with the fact that I thought when I went 'home' this coming up weekend that I would have time with her. But I didn't. I didn't get to say 'Good-Bye'. And that's REALLY hard. To know I was a week too late. This song came on the radio earlier and it hit me. HARD. Will you guys pray for my family this week as we ready ourselves to say 'Good-Bye' to a woman who was such an integral part of my family?
Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly! I wanted to post a little about each of the contributing authors. Amanda . She has been married to Brandon for 10 years now, and they have three beautiful kids. Currently prayer needs are Brandon interviewed for an underground job with the coal mine, and has got the job...he just needs to decide if he actually wants to take it. Prayer warriors lets lift them up! Cassie. She is married to Adam and they have two kids. A daughter and a son. They recently moved and Cassie is working on her doctorate. GO CASSIE!!! :) Chelsa . She is married to Ryan, and you can tell by her picture that they have two very handsome little boys. They also have A who is in Heaven with Jesus. Chelsa's strength and love for the Lord amazes me. They are currently in the process of building their 'dream' home, so please keep them in your pray...
I've mentioned Katie before on my other blog. Actually...she's a follower here at 'Enjoying Life One Cup at a Time'. I absolutely ADORE her blog (www.imperfectpeople.net)....and today's post was no exception. I wanted to share it with you guys. (and I hope she doesn't mind) but it was just too powerful NOT to share! God doesn’t work by Karma. Good for good, evil for evil. And I’m thankful because I certainly don’t deserve how good he has been. Everything that happens, good or bad isn’t always just about us. We all search for meaning in life’s circumstances but the real (sometimes hard) truth is... IT’S NOT ABOUT US. God is a lot more important than us . He loves us no doubt. But I think he gets a little chuckle watching us trying to make it all about us. I can’t think of anyone else who was raised from the dead, for whom the calendar changed from BC to AD, or for whom people centuries before his birth (even outside of the bible) predicted hu...
Comments
Post a Comment